- Pristine golden sandy beaches
- Deserted coves
- The gorgeous Thames coastline framed by the beautiful Pohutukawa trees
- The dramatic scenery - mountains, rainforests, native bush with the sea and surf nearby
- The romantic (or maybe not) gold mining history
- The quaint colonial towns
- The scrumptious seafood
Don't miss the 309 Road which is the shortest route from Whitianga to Coromandel. The drive is quite pleasant and is an interesting trip on its own with numerous sights along the way. We did the Kauri Grove where we saw the Siamese Kauri and the Waiau Falls. We ended the drive at the Mussel Kitchen where we had an assortment of mussels prepared in different ways.
Most of the sights in the Coromandel are free as intended by the Maker. One just needs to have the patience to drive and a sense of adventure to discover.