Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mount Ruapehu



Mount Ruapehu is NZ's largest ski and snow boarding area. But, I visited it in summer and it was still interesting.

We took the open ski lifts up to the top of the mountain. Seeing the brown rocky mountain, it was difficult to imagine it covered in snow and snow deep enough for skiing and other winter activities. There was still a bit of snow left and the melt resulted in various little waterfalls which made the entire scene very picturesque.

The cafe restaurant at the top was designed like a log cabin. The views from there were spectacular. You could do a trek to the peak but we decided to have lunch and return back to base.

The first set of chair lifts which were 2 seaters.


The next set of chair lifts which were 4 seaters.

The restaurant at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)