Friday, July 20, 2012

Singapore - always refreshing

Everytime you go to Singapore, there is something new to do. I love the way they reinvent themselves and keep the experience fresh and interesting.

Ofcourse most of my time was spent with the family especially my cute little niece Chloe. But I did find the time to visit the Orchid garden in the Botanical gardens and practice my photography as well as visit Sentosa Island with Tiana, Giles and mum.

The Singapore Botanical gardens are a true gem. Given the size of Singapore and the number of inhabitants, I love the fact that there is still so much greenery everywhere. The gardens are free and open from 5 am to midnight. It is very huge, 74 hectares, and you really have to pick what you wish to explore so that you make the most of out it. I chose to visit the orchid garden and was able to spend a meaningful 2 hours there admiring the orchids.

The orchid – Vanda Miss Joaquim – is Singapore’s national flower. There is also an orchid named after Lady Diana and the former President of India’s wife Mrs Usha Narayan.


The orchid named after the former First Lady of India.







If you plan to visit Sentosa, do buy the “Day Play” pass which gives you access to 16 attractions for only 66 SGD. I thought it was value for money because it included the cable car return ride as well as unlimited skyrides. Don’t miss the laser battle at Fort Siloso and the 3D shows which are also covered under this package. Even though it rained heavily, we could enjoy our day out as there were walkways connecting the attractions, thus protecting us from the rain. We had a thoroughly enjoyable day.















No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)