Friday, October 30, 2009

Last evening at The Blue Ginger

Floyd (my brother) and I happened to be in Delhi on work at the same time. He invited me to stay back so that he could treat me to the new Vietnamese restaurant - The Blue Ginger - at the Taj Palace. The foodie that I am, of course I took up the offer and am glad that I did.

For one, it is always good to spend time with your loved ones especially nowadays when life is so hectic. And secondly, it is always good to try a different cuisine and one can never go wrong with the Taj!

The ambiance was great. The ceiling is a replica of a Buddhist temple. Besides there is a dramatic waterfall of light from a fibre optic chandelier.

The food - everything looked interesting and we could not quite make up our minds what to order. Finally we settled on crabmeat on sugarcane batons and shrimp rolls as starters, grilled fish Hanoi style, sticky rice with chicken and mushrooms and lamb shanks in oyster sauce for the mains. Everything was to die for except the sticky rice which we could have skipped! And for dessert we had the lemon grass tiramisu which was unusual!

The drinks - Floyd had the Belgian beer and I had a mocktail. But honestly, the signature drinks listed were very tempting.

Overall it was a great experience and you should try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)