Friday, October 30, 2009

Providence

There is surely a God out there...........or you may wish to call it fate/destiny.

Last month, my friend Smita and I went to Hampi which is in North Karnataka. 3 days prior to this trip, I was in Delhi attending a conference and was so busy that I failed to keep up with the news. As it so happened, there was a freak rainfall in the North Karnataka region which ended up flooding the entire region causing damage to crops, cattle, humans and villages. We were oblivious to the situation and happily boarded our flight from Bombay. On landing, we realised that things did not look too good. Of course the Airport Manager at Hubli (nearest airport) warned us that our journey would take 2 hours longer as the original road had been washed away in the floods and rain. We decided that since we had come so far, we would proceed on the trip. As it turned out, to our good fortune, it had stopped raining only in the Hampi area. We were blessed with perfect weather and could carry out the trip as planned, the only inconvenience being the detour in the car journey between Hubli and Hampi.

This weekend, I was supposed to visit Jaipur and the Pushkar mela. However, there were several stumbling blocks even before leaving for Jaipur. For one, every single of my friends who wanted to come, backed out at the last minute for various reasons. Then I read that the Pushkar lake itself had dried up!! Despite that I was still keen on going.......finally at the last minute I just changed my mind. And guess what?! Am glad I did because the Indian Oil refinery near Jaipur caught fire and the heat was felt all over Jaipur. Hostels were evacuated, the Chowkidani resorts were evacuated and the highway between Jaipur and Kota was jammed.

Is this Providence or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)