Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bikram Hot Yoga

It's been six months since I have been practising Bikram Hot Yoga. For those who are not familiar you may check out the below links.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikram_Yoga
http://www.bikramyoga.com/

In short it is a combination of Hatha and Raja yoga. Bikram's class consists of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises practiced in a room heated to 40 degrees Celsius. This entire sequence is completed in an hour and a half.

I must admit that this is one of the toughest things that I have ever done. Some days I love it and some days I hate it. There are times when I look forward to the class and there are days when I am just happy to skip. But the benefits have been focus, discipline, calm, stamina, youthful skin and the ability to maintain my weight.

Tomorrow they start a 30 day Bikram yoga challenge, i.e. 30 classes in 30 days. I cannot officially take up this challenge as I will be travelling during this month. But to make up for it, I have my own challenge - to attend the class for every single day that I am in town. And I am counting on you my friends to motivate and encourage me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)