Monday, November 2, 2009

November

Gosh, I can't believe that it is already November! Where has the time flown? Anyway just thought to pen a few thoughts that "November" evokes.

It is the 11th Month of the year (Gregorian calendar).
One of the months that has 30 days in it (one less day to work!).
Apparently gets its name from the Latin word Novem. (January and February were added to the Roman calendar later.)
Onset of winter.
One more month to go before the end of the year.
Christmas is around the corner.
My cousin Maryann's birthday. (Hope I remember to wish.)
Children's Day on 14 Nov.
Guns N Roses - November Rain
"Sweet November" - the movie with Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron
Diwali (if it is not in October :-) )

This picture was taken 2 Novembers ago in Canada at the Niagara Falls.

"November always seemed to me the Norway of the year."
- Emily Dickinson

"November's sky is chill and drear,
November's leaf is red and sear."
- Sir Walter Scott

Would love to know what November means to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)