Monday, November 2, 2009

Chocolate Cake

Time does fly real quickly..............it has been 5 years since I last baked a cake! Truly! And I had honestly forgotten the pleasure that I take in baking and then when everyone appreciates my efforts.

My chocolate cake recipe never lets me down. So for those of you interested in the recipe.............

5 medium sized eggs
175 gms of Flour
50 gms of Cocoa powder
220 gms Margarine / Butter
250 gms Powdered sugar
40 ml Milk
1/2 tsp Soda bi-carb
1 tsp Baking Powder
5 ml Vanilla Essence
15 ml Honey / Golden Syrup

For the sauce:
Melt dark chocolate over a pan of simmering water. When completely melted add some fresh cream. The consistency will be based on personal preferences i.e more chocolate or more cream!!

Whisk the butter and sugar, then beat in the eggs. Add the milk, vanilla essence and honey. Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.

Grease the baking dish and then pour in the cake batter. Bake in the oven till it is nicely done. Once cooled, pour the chocolate sauce over it. Enjoy!





3 comments:

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)