Friday, November 6, 2009

Tourism in India.................frustrating

I am planning a trip to Dholavira at the end of this month. Guess what? Can't find any information on suitable accommodation available. Everything points to Bhuj which is almost 5 hours away by road.

Dholavira was declared one of the 7 wonders of India by NDTV quite some time ago, yet there is no tourist facilities!! Our country has a lot to offer - History, culture, nature, etc but lack of infrastructure is a major constraint.

It is easier to plan a trip to Eastern Europe or Peru than to plan one in India. The Government truly has a long way to go before one can say a holiday in India is "hassle-free".

2 comments:

  1. hassle free...or not...we are defi doin the trip!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we are. I am sure it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)