Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wanderlust

I love to travel.

I truly believe that each journey is an experience, an opportunity to get to know yourself, an education, an eye opener and last but not least a source of your memories.

My aim in life was to join the airlines so that I could travel. And what a journey it has been! In the bargain I actually love my work and it, in turn enthuses and motivates me because it gives me the chance to travel.

I suffer from wanderlust..................am constantly plotting and planning my next trip. Or helping others plan theirs. For me, it is the planning process which is half the fun. Right now there are so many half planned trips in mind and I do hope am able to undertake them.

Some of my recent trips:
Jordan - where I visited the beautiful rose red city of Petra, the ancient Roman city of Jerash, the religious places of Madaba, Baptism Site and Mt. Nebo and of course the capital Ammam. Best of all, I did the trip with my friend Marissa. It was the first time we undertook a trip together and we had a great time.

Hampton Court Palace - On my last trip to London, I had some free time between my meeting and the flight back and decided to use the time to visit the Hampton Court Palace. Oh it was a great decision. I had read so much about it and to actually see it in person was just great.

Beijing - Had a great time doing the sights (The Great Wall, the Forbidden City, The Temple of Heaven, The Summer Palace) and hanging out with various friends.
Hampi - The ancient city of Hampi has been on my list of places to visit for the last 10 years. It was simply outstanding despite the difficulties in getting there.

Amritsar - Another of those places on my list. The entire experience - the temple, the Jallianwala Baug, the langar and the Wagah border ceremony was truly memorable.

Goa - 3 trips in the space of a month, for various reasons. One on work with colleagues, one with family and the last by myself. Each one different and equally memorable.



Some of the trips coming up:
Dubai - for the air show
Dholavira
Ajanta and Ellora
Halleebid and Belur
The Cologne Christmas Market

So watch this space............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)