Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thoughts about today...........26th Jan 2010

Today is India's 60th Anniversary of the Republic Day. Have read a lot of articles in the newspapers on our achievements or lack of it. Received a lot of wishes, wonder if people actually understand the significance of the day or are just wishing because it is a fad.....like "Happy Women's day", or "Happy Valentine's day".....etc.

Anyway, for me, I was just glad it was a holiday....that too on a Tuesday. Well the initial plan was to fly out to Fiji to join up with my sister and her husband on a short vacation but the logistics did not work out. So I stayed put in Bombay. Spent the day in a relaxed manner - went for Bikram Hot Yoga; enjoyed the class and meditation. Came home and had a leisurely lunch, read my book (Cyclops by Clive Cussler), napped a bit and then went to the spa for a foot massage. After that headed to Theobroma, Bandra with my friend Smita and had a delicious hummus and feta sandwich, blueberry cheese cake and a cappuchino. Smita ordered a New York style cheese cake which was excellent as well.

We then went to Crosswords and browsed around the shop. Resisted the temptation to pick up books! and finally made our way to St. Andrew's to watch Shabana Azmi's powerful performance in "Broken Images". I thought the play was excellent and I had a great time.

Just a passing thought.........26 days of the New Year have flown so quickly. Am trying to make the most of my time in the best way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)