Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Royal Windsor Horse Show

Windsor Castle


I was lucky to have had an opportunity to visit the Royal Windsor Horse Show. It is held annually for 5 days in May or June at the Windsor Home Park.







Equestrian events......

 ........Dressage

There was an amazing collection of ancient carriages.





My favourite.

The Battle of Windsor was played out by 5 teams - England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland (winners). It was like a telematch, except that it is on horseback. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

 
The Queen's Cavalry put on quite a show. To top it all, The Queen and Prince Phillip were also present. I found it very impressive - the marching of the troops, the bugles, the roar of the horses in the cavalry, the guns and the battle formations and most of all the superb horseflesh!





The crooked house in Windsor

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)