Sunday, February 13, 2011

A day trip to Nashik

Nashik is about 188 kms from Mumbai. Did a day trip last weekend to first visit the Infant Jesus Shrine and then taste some wine at the Sula vineyards.


The shrine is dedicated to Infant Jesus of Prague

Come to Me.

The Infant Jesus Shrine has a lot of followers. I have been meaning to visit for ever so long, but for some reason or the other did not make it until this year. I think despite the crowd that landed up for the noon mass, it was still quite serene and peaceful. One can easily drive down from Bombay for the Mass at 12 and then follow it up with a visit to the vineyard.
http://www.infantjesusnashik.com/


The vines looked very dusty as did all the flora in Nashik!




I loved the Rose and the Chenin Blanc

The Sula Vineyards are located in Nashik and Dindori. The Tasting Room is where you can do a tour of the facility and taste 4 wines for Rs 150. The selection - Sparkling wine, Savignon Blanc, Rose and Chenin Blanc. There are restaurants on the premises - Little Italy and Soma. However be prepared for extremely slow service though the food at Little Italy was very nice but ofcourse vegetarian. The Sula Fest held once a year is their highlight event. It was a held a day prior to our visit and it left me wondering how the staff would have coped with the large number of people attending.
http://www.sulawines.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)