Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011 and Hello 2012

Once again it is time to say Goodbye to 2011................thank you for all the experiences and learning. Some of the memorable ones are.........
  • Visits to the Phillipines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Maldives and the Czech Republic.
  • Walking amongst the mystical temples of Angkor.
  • India winning the Cricket World Cup.
  • The first Indian Formula One Grand Prix turning out to be so successful and well organised.
  • Experiencing the Eurovision Finals contest in Dusseldorf.
  • Meeting Sebastian Vettel, the Formula One World Champion unexpectedly at Agra.
  • Being part of my friends Martin and Hasna's wedding in France.
  • Taking them around Agra and Jaipur which was absolutely beautiful.
  • Reconnecting with old friends, making new friends and spending time with family.
  • Spending time with my cousin John on a trip to Canterbury.
  • Numerous trips to Singapore to spend time with Floyd and Cheryl and taking in the arts and culture scene - Lion King, Swan Lake on Ice, Elton John live, etc, etc.
  • A helicopter ride over the city of Berlin.
  • Visiting the beautiful Chamonix and Mont Blanc and the awesome Montreaux.
  • Walking the streets of Paris during Fete de la Musique.
  • Enjoying the KLM Golf Open with my friends.
  • Spending time with Jan and Irena in Prague.
  • The announcement of the impending birth in our family filled us all with hope and excitement.
  • The horrific bomb blast in DEL that injured my dearest friend Ron made me appreciate my friends and family even more.
  • The brutal murder of my friend's mother made me realise life is all too short.
  • The realisation that I have many many friends and well wishers who truly share my joys and success
  • And ofcourse conceiving and executing the Fun@Work initiative which reinforces the fact that we have some amazing people who need an environment to blossom.
2012 ............am sure you will have a lot of surprises in store for me. Please be kind...........to me and my family and friends. Shower us with love, joy, peace, good health, excitement and prosperity.

On my wish list........
  • Continue with the Fun@Work initiative and make it more fun for those at work.
  • Learn Spanish to be able to converse fluently.
  • Travel as much as I can to new places.
  • Participate in the Dream run of the Standard Chartered Marathon.
  • Participate in the Lavasa Women's Rally.
  • Spend more time with my family and friends.
  • A coast to coast drive across the USA.
  • Hone my photography skills.
  • And of course, work on my blog.
"20 years from now you will be disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the one’s you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover” ~ Mark Twain





No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)