Saturday, February 6, 2010

7th Feb.......


On 7th Feb 2010 I will complete 16 years in aviation. And what a flight it has been!

I still remember myself 16 years ago. Recent out of college, unsure of myself (but sure of my career path - aviation), timid, nervous and fairly sheltered. However, I was smart, hardworking, ever willing to change and adapt and diligent in the discharge of my duties. Guess, these are qualities which ensured my path to my current position.

I was lucky.................had some great colleagues who mentored me, shielded and sheltered me and guided me. I slowly blossomed from a shy teenager into a mature woman. Lucky to have great teams to work with. They have helped me be a better manager, colleague and team mate and I do hope they feel the same about me.

I was lucky..................to have had opportunities to travel the world both on work and leisure. I have not only experienced a few things that people dream about but also learned along the way. From the very first trip where we were bumped off in far-off, hostile Tel Aviv, I have become stronger and more adventurous. I am no longer afraid to explore the unknown or travel to a new destination. In fact, I thrive on the expectation of the unknown and look forward to discovering the place, culture, its people, food, etc and in the process creating memories.

I was lucky.................I made some great friends along the way, who have stood by me, who are proud of my achievements and who enjoy my travels through my photographs and blogs. Also have been blessed by the presence of many people, some of whom have been in my life for a short time, some for a season and some for a reason. I have made friends for life and have accumulated innumerable memories that bring me lots of joy.

I was lucky…………to achieve quite a few things on my list. Have tried to use every opportunity to enhance my knowledge and skills both professionally and personally.

I was lucky..............without leaving aviation, I managed to work in various diverse roles thereby expanding my horizons and enriching my portfolio. It has given me tremendous confidence and boosted my self-esteem. I am no longer afraid to speak my mind.

Most of all, I was lucky.............to have the family I have. Without their unfailing support, encouragement and faith, I could not have achieved whatever I have. 

I am lucky and I hope and pray the next 16 years will be as exciting as the last. Am certainly looking forward to the flight path ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)