Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cochem – a pretty pretty town on the river Moselle

My visit to Cochem was totally unplanned. I had finished visiting Trier and was on an earlier train back to Cologne when my friend Chi Mee called and said - Get off at Cochem when the train pulls into the station at 5 pm. You must see it. It is very beautiful.

And truly it was.............

The beautiful Moselle

The castle dominates the landscape


Quaint interesting town


The castle is famous for its falconry

The views of the Moselle from the castle

This region is famous for its wine.
You can do tours of the vineyards from Cochem.





You can also do cruises on the Moselle from Cochem.

A lovely town.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)