Thursday, May 26, 2011

Eurovision Song Contest Finals 2011 in Dusseldorf



I first heard about the Eurovision Song contest some months ago when I received an invitation to attend the same. Later, having spoken with some friends and colleagues in Europe, most of them admit that this is an important event that they have grown up with and continue to watch and support.

This year’s contest was held in Dusseldorf in the football arena of the home team. It is a tradition that the contest will be held in the country of the previous year’s winner. Lena, a German singer, was last year’s winner and Dusseldorf was shortlisted after a panel selected it from other German cities as the final venue.

The set was brilliantly designed and am sure it made a super impact on the television audiences who it was specifically meant for. It is supposed to be Europe's favourite TV show with 43 countries voting and over 150 million people watching it.



Honestly, I was amazed at the talent of the contestants and the fervour with which the spectators were cheering their favourites. I didn't particularly like the voting concept as I felt it was skewed in Eastern Europe's favour. But overall, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am glad I made the effort to attend it.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)