Monday, August 15, 2011

God's Own Country - a retreat in Kovalam

I was lucky to be invited for a leadership travel retreat to Kovalam, Trivandrum organised by Make My Trip. This was an event where MMT and their top business partners had a chance to interact and relax in an informal setting. We stayed at the beautiful property of Leela's and experienced God's Own Country first hand.

On the first evening, we had a dinner reception at the Taj which is another beautiful property. The MMT staff entertained us. There was also other entertainment like a fire eater and a stand up comedy show which I enjoyed quite a bit. The next day we went to the Poovar Island resort for lunch and a cultural show.

Smitaa and I had a very relaxing time - eating, drinking, partying, dancing, relaxing and the 2 days actually felt like a week of fun.

The view from the Leela Kovalam

The original elephant parade




The infinity pool definitely beckoned us!

The Taj property. The Chinese fishing nets are symbolic of Kerala.

The MMT staff put on a great show.

On the way to Poovar Island

So calming and soothing....

Typical symbol of Kerala

The welcome bowl of flowers

The cultural show amidst the superb setting of beach, sea and coconut groves


No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)