Sunday, September 11, 2011

The KLM Golf Open 2011



We were given a choice for the meeting with KLM at their headquarters early in the morning or later in the day at the KLM Golf Open at Hilversum. And I am sure you guessed what was our choice!

Raj and I were duly picked up from our hotel by Paul from the KLM Alliances team and off we drove to Hilversum for the event. It was about an hour's drive from Amsterdam through pretty much flat country which had a lot of sheep farms. It was a refreshing change from our busy, crowded city of Bombay.

The weather was a bit overcast and it drizzled a bit but as usual I think I took a little of the Indian Summer with me. For most parts of the afternoon, the sky was clear and the rain even stopped. It would have been a perfect day if there was a bit more sun. But then am not complaining cos I had a very nice time listening to the music from the Arrow tent, sipping on some lovely white wine, eating some delicious food and conversing with various airline people especially my dear friend Pieter Elbers who is now COO of KLM. Of course we tried to watch a bit of golf but then neither am I enthusiastic about the game nor do I understand it, so after a while I gave up. However as it is with most of these events, there is plenty to keep you occupied. The big tent called the Village had quite a few exhibition booths showcasing lifestyle products, golf fashion, golf vacations, food and drinks.



The bicycles are never far away!

I should have opted for the free golf lessons!

KLM trying to embarrass Raj into committing to Skyteam!

The actual tournament which was completely forgotten!

Don't miss the KAPUR in the leader's list.
I counted 3 Indians on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)