Sunday, September 11, 2011

Two life altering experiences.........

Recently, there were 2 events that took place that made me sit up and re-evaluate my life. The first one occurred about 3 weeks ago, when my colleague Rubi and her husband Ved were on their morning walk in the park and a coconut tree fell on Ved and injured him so badly that he passed away due to internal injuries. The second incident occurred last week when my colleague and dearest friend Ron was injured in the Delhi bomb blasts.

Life truly is so unpredictable. Ved was only 42 years old and had a very promising career and life ahead of him. It was rudely snatched away from him one fine morning and left in its wake a devastated family including 2 small kids. I cannot imagine what they must be going through - shock, sorrow, disbelief, trauma. So many things unsaid, so many feelings left unexpressed, so many moments unlived and so many dreams shattered.

We do take life for granted. Ved was on his morning walk and met his untimely end. Ron was at a routine court event and ended up in hospital. We are very lucky to have him still alive. At this moment, he is still in hospital recovering from serious injuries and is being kept isolated. But he is alive! We have another chance to tell him how much we care about him, to laugh with him, to share in his jokes and to just have him in our lives.

Life is short. We have to make the most of it. We have to love a lot, laugh a lot and live life kingsize.

About a couple of months ago at one of our impromptu TCs.

I will never forget this birthday of his - we had an ATR that skidded off the runway at BOM.

With Smita and Myself outside Mahesh.

2 comments:

  1. Ron is much better now by the grace of God. Hopefully it will not be long before he is back at work.

    ReplyDelete

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)