Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Singapore Fling

Singapore is one of those countries that is a hot bed of activities - touristic, artistic, cultural, musical, etc. The Tourism authorities have successfully created a value proposition for the visitor who may be a business person, a family vacationer, a shopping addict or an arts and culture enthusiast. There is always something new happening in Singapore, enticing you to return for more.

In the recent past I have been fortunate enough to experience world class productions like The Lion King, Swan Lake - a ballet on ice, Elton John live and recently, the Titanic memorial exhibition.

Some of the other things I love about Singapore are:
  • Food, food and more food. The cultural diversity of Singapore is reflected in its food. You can get any type of food here from a Brazilian charcuterie to the Chilli Crab and not to mention the Indian, Malay and Chinese local food. It is cheap, fresh and wholesome and easy available. My all time favourite breakfast is yam pau with kopi.
  • Shopping. I believe Singaporeans are shopping addicts. You cannot escape it even if you wanted to.
  • The beach. I love the way they have made the most of their resources. ECP is my favourite hangout in the evenings.


Yam pau (photo courtesy - Internet)


The famous Chilli Crab


The beautiful East Coast Park (ECP)


The Merlion

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)