Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Markets in Europe

There are Christmas Markets and there are Christmas Markets.

A few years ago I was fortunate enough to visit Cologne in December, thereby experiencing the Christmas markets. My friend Chi Mee took me to at least 9 of them in and around Cologne-Bonn. Each of them had a different theme ranging from medieval ones to winter wonderland ones to children specials. I enjoyed all the food and drink, the people watching and the trinket window shopping.
 
Last year we were in Stockholm for the last module of SIMP and I was excited to experience the Swedish Christmas Markets. They had 2 of them - one in the city centre and the other near the palace. Both were tiny with few stalls and wares on display. Also they shut shop early leaving me very disappointed. Probably it may have been because the day I visited was also the day of the biggest snowstorm in a long while in Stockholm.

Anyway, I have fond memories of the German Christmas markets and I shall hope and pray that I am able to witness some more of them in the years to come.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)