Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Munich

I have been to various parts of Germany except for Munich. Though I was there on work and had very little time to sightsee, I managed to walk around a lot of the city. Further, over the weekend, my friend Christina showed me the beautiful sights of Bavaria. I definitely have to return to Munich to explore it more intensely but in the meantime here are some of my memories.

Munich, much like Vienna, has beautiful buildings. Most of Munich was bombed out during the Second World War. Later they were rebuilt to look old and ancient!! What I found fascinating was to just wander around and wonder what stories each building had to say. Coming from an ugly city like Mumbai, it was a real treat.
























This is my favourite part of Munich - the English Garden. I think every city should have a green spot where people can go and unwind. I love this garden because there is a section for all kinds - a nudist spot, a section for children, a section for skaters, lots of long trails for walkers and joggers and lovers and most of all, the river where surfboarders could let off steam.







We were lucky to experience a dinner at a famous Biergarten with the awesome Ocktoberfest starter platter!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)