Monday, March 22, 2010

Geneva - the rest of the week

The rest of the week was spent in training. We had some amazing people in the class – from various countries, various airlines and various divisions of IATA. The view from the class window was most distracting. I had the Jura range in front of me and everytime an aircraft took off, I was completely distracted with the beautiful picture it made.


The stunning view from the classroom

The entire class - fantastic group dynamics


Most of the evenings were spent discovering different restaurants serving a variety of food and talking about various cultures.

David, Blanca, Matilda, myself and Amos

The panfried goat's cheese salad at Chez Ma Maison

Amos and Matilda from Virgin Nigeria, Blanca from IATA Madrid and David from Cape Verde

The rosti and gruyere salad with air dried ham at the Swiss Chalet.
The portions come in a huge bucket.

Amos, Matilda, Shikha and myself at The Casanova.
We ate Filet de Perche which was outstanding.

At the sushi bar Matsuri.


Amos, Matilda, Blanca, David, myself and Savithri from Thai

The plat du jour at the Montreaux Jazz Cafe.
Grilled fish in mustard sauce with sweet potato puree.

Mr. Kannan, Mamitiana, Savithri and David

Blanca, Raimond, Shikha, Shyam, Matilda, Amos, Amin, David and Savithri

The sinfully delicious Chocolate Fondant

The yummy cheesecake

On the last day, we had sometime to spare. So Mr. Kannan took Mamitiana, Savithri and myself for a drive to Signal de Bougy, Versoix and Nyon. We had an amazing time.

The view of Mont Blanc and Lac Leman from Signal de Bougy

The park at Signal de Bougy

Trying to capture the beautiful colours of nature

The harbour at Versoix

Honestly, I have met some wonderful people who have made a lasting impression on my heart and mind. I do hope that I meet them again soon in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)