Saturday, March 27, 2010

The IPL - Match 20 - Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings

I am not a cricket fan..........yet I wanted to go for the IPL match. I had been for one 2 years earlier during the first IPL season and the atmosphere was electric. And for that reason alone, I had to go.

I was given a couple's VIP pass and since my cousin Aaron was in town, I invited him to come along with me to the Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai. He ofcourse, was quite happy to do so. My friend Smita, was quite upset because a few days earlier she had said that she would love to go to watch the MI vs CSK match and that was exactly the match that I was going for!! Anyway I have promised to take her for the next one.



As expected, the atmosphere in the stadium was charged and there was a sea of blue fans with a smattering of yellow. We were right in front of the CSK cheerleaders who caught Aaron's attention throughout. Anyway, CSK batted first and it was a slow game with very few big shots. Yet they reached a decent score of 180 runs. I was sitting next to a young boy who was a CSK fan and his father on the other hand was a MI fan. It was interesting to watch his reaction everytime CSK was on top of the game and whenever they were not.

So the first half was quite quiet because none of the MI fans were cheering for CSK. But come the MI out on the field to bat and what do you know? The stadium was in a constant uproar with a lot of boos when the CSK bowlers bowled well and of course lots of cheering and blowing of trumpets when there were some big shots. There were definitely fireworks and I thought MI would finish the match in 15 overs!!

Throughout the match, there was complimentary popcorn, wafers and soft drinks. During the break, we had to move to a dining area for dinner and drinks. Amazing. If I had to go again, I would, for the food.........na just joking........for the electric experience. Hope I make it for the RCB game though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)