Sunday, March 28, 2010

My friends and family..........

If the previous week was about making new friends, the last was about reconnecting with old ones.

It began with catching up with my best friend Marissa at her brother's 50th Birthday party. It was a nice event with lots of their family around. The music was mostly jive and rock n roll, most of which I had not heard for quite sometime. It was great to see Marissa and family connecting with their cousins, uncles, aunts, etc.

Marissa and me.

With Marissa's parents.

Merlyn, Rick, Clyde, Marissa and their parents.

Then of course, I had my cousin Aaron over. He was staying with us whilst he was attending a training programme. We spent a lot of quality time together and even went for the IPL cricket match - MI vs CSK. Here are some pics of his tattoos!!





There was a Jet Airways reunion planned on the Friday but I was too exhausted to attend, so I skipped. However the next day was a reunion of sorts with some close Jet Airways friends - Meeta, Yogita, Alyce and Payal. We met at Sammy Sosa's, Oshiwara and feasted on a range of starters which were all pretty good especially the cheese butter garlic prawns. We ended up digging into the brownie with chocolate sauce and icecream that Yogita had ordered. It was great to catch up with the girls. Each of them is doing fabulously well in their own right and I am so proud of them. This is the age of the powerful Indian women! :)


Pooja, Meeta, Yogita, Alyce and myself

Finally this morning, we attended the brunch organised by the Victoria Tourism Board at the Taj Land's End. It was a viewing of the Melbourne Grand Prix as well as a brunch with some activities for kids. I invited my friend Juanella and her little daughter Renee for the function as well. Renee being the smart child that she is, won a couple of kid's events. We feasted on the food and drink and I networked a bit with some industry people. The race was great because Force India came in at 7th place, which is not at all bad! and to top it all, Mum won a hamper of Australian Goodies.

Renee with her certificate and tattoo!

Juanella and Renee

Mum with her hamper of Aussie goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)