Monday, March 1, 2010

Varkala - a surprise

North of Trivandrum, lies Varkala. It has a dramatic coastline with steep cliffs along the beach. The result - stunning views and a totally different experience.

To be honest, when my friend Smita suggested Varkala for the long weekend, I was not too keen. But went along as I believed that we should check out as many places in India as possible. Varkala turned out to be a surprise. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, had a relaxing time and destressed with the Kerala massage, good food and refreshing air.

The view from our room.

The stunning views.

Another stunning view.


Smita at the beach.

The early morning view along the beach.


The fishermen had just brought the catch in.


Disappointed with the litter all around.

The flowers against the background of the water was awesome.


The yummy ravioli with spinach.

The cheese crepe which was like a Chinese dosa.

The grilled fish. Very nice.

Momos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do hope you have enjoyed what I have shared and will take the time to write back to me. I would really like to hear your thoughts, views, opinions about my blog posts. Sharing is caring. :)